The Prosperity Fund
The “Why” of the Prosperity Fund
The Prosperity Fund is the product of the many chapters of my 25-year career as an investment advisor. Over that time I have seen investments that had features that I really liked, and I have also seen investments that have had features that I really disliked. I have seen some things that turned out really well, and some things that did not. I have found things I could support, and I have found things that I could not.
The Prosperity Fund is the capstone. We want to pull together the best elements and try our best to eliminate anything less enticing.
The Prosperity Fund strives to deliver what I believe to be the most desirable characteristics one might hope for in an investment. These include:
- A strategy that you can put full faith and confidence in
- Cost effectiveness
- Tax efficiency
At the same time, the Prosperity Fund attempts to steer clear of potential pitfalls, which might include:
- Bloated expenses
- A mismatch between advisor incentives and client objectives
- Conflicts of interest
- Hidden incentives
- Lack of liquidity
- Investment fads
You can take comfort in knowing that I have skin in the game; the majority of my own investable assets are in the Prosperity Fund too. After all, why not? It is our best ideas at our best prices, so of course I want in too! Additionally, I receive no additional compensation for the management of the Prosperity Fund. The reason that you keep hearing about the Prosperity Fund is because we believe in it, not because it is pays me more.
The objective of all this is to give our very best. Our best ideas, at our best prices, with client friendly convenience. Its what I would want as a client, and that’s why I am using it as a tool in my discretionary practice for the benefit of my clients.
Brad Brain, CFP, R.F.P., CIM, FCSI, TEP
Experience the Prosperity Advantage!
There are two main objectives of The Prosperity Fund. The first is to deliver our best ideas at our best prices by being as efficient as possible. The second, and equally important, is to offer client friendly convenience.
Following a value style of investing, this fund will be a collection of our best ideas, with a Target Asset Allocation of 85% Equities and 15% Cash and Fixed Income.
The Prosperity Advantage is the combination of pricing enhancements and convenience. The pricing enhancements flow from negotiating high net worth pricing for all members of the pool, and from bulk trades.
The Prosperity Fund is appropriate for patient investors looking to grow their money over the long term. It is not appropriate for people looking to speculate, for time frames less than five years, or for people who are not comfortable with market variability.
- Our best ideas combined in a one ticket solution, automatically rebalanced.
- Our best pricing – we have negotiated institutional-style pricing for all unitholders, and bulk trading costs for individual securities, at a lower cost than retail investments.
- Portfolio Manager Brad Brain is aligned with you. A large portion of his own investable assets are in the Prosperity Fund.
- The Prosperity Fund will invest in products that may require a minimum investment and therefore are not available to all retail investors.
- There are no manager performance bonuses
The Prosperity Fund is eligible for RRSPs, TFSAs, RESPs, RRIFs, LIRAs and other registered plans.
- Brad Brain has a direct investment in the Prosperity Fund.
- The Prosperity Fund is priced weekly, not daily. This will affect how quickly you can execute a transaction, including withdrawals.
- There is a 2% early redemption fee for any redemptions within 90 days of purchase. Please see the Offering Memorandum for further details.
The Prosperity Fund is only available to select clients through Aligned Capital Partners Inc., the Investment Fund Manager.*
Brad Brain does not charge a fee for managing The Prosperity Fund. His fees are based on managing assets, not what the assets are invested in. The Prosperity Fund is our best ideas at our best prices, with client friendly convenience.
*The Prosperity Fund is currently only available to clients who have entered into a discretionary account agreement. If you would like to discuss whether a discretionary account is appropriate for you, please reach out to me.